The Experiment Has Begun

Twelve student prodigies...
One national science fair...
No chance of survival...

Monday, February 4, 2008

My process

It occurred to me, that when I finally do start getting some readers on this blog, some of them might be other comic artists who might have some interest in how I work.

The script is written in movie script format. From that I reorganize it, to figure out where the page breaks and panel breaks will fall. I then do thumbnail layouts on computer paper, which I really stick very close to in my final pages.

My final pages are drawn on a Strathmore 9x12 Kids Paint Pad. (it was a few dollars cheaper, and had a nice texture to it). I use black acrylic paint, (slightly dilluted). I use a ruler to lightly pencil in the borders of the page, and then I just dive right in with the paintbrush.

I scan the pages into Photoshop and adjust their size to fit onto my page template. Then I add my lettering and speech bubbles on the computer.

No comments: