The Experiment Has Begun

Twelve student prodigies...
One national science fair...
No chance of survival...

Monday, September 26, 2016

Cover design

I have actually given a lot of thought as to what I might want to do for my cover. Initially I was thinking about creating a 3d diarama of the chase scene (from page 45) and photgraphing it Mental note: Re-draw page 45 to show Stuart and the machine in the same shot. The diarama figures would basically be paper dolls arranged on a painted set, so it would still look like my artwork, but would just have this weird psuedo-3d look.

I am not totally quitting that idea, but I am also thinking now that I might like it to look like an 80s movie poster, something like a poster by Drew Struzan, John Alvin, Noriyoshi Ohrai, Richard Amsel, Matthew Peak... but still somehow incorporate my artstyle into it. I'm not sure how that would work... I have looked at a lot of movie posters, and I think the ones I gravitate toward have some sort of action going on, rather than carefully posed/static floating head/body collage that Struzan often seemed to favor. Here's a few examples that I like:



No comments: