The Experiment Has Begun

Twelve student prodigies...
One national science fair...
No chance of survival...

Monday, September 26, 2016

New workflow

I've modified my workflow (again)

Old workflow: Pencil Draft page --> Paint the borders and frames  --> Paint the art.
New workflow: Pencil Draft page --> Paint the borders and frames --> Pencil the final art. Paint / ink final art line work  --> Paint in greytones using inkwash techniques.

I know this will sound ignorant, but I didn't realize penciling my pages prior to inking them would make such a big improvement. In the past, I just sort of freestyled it, using my draft sketch as a guide to copy off. I thought it would help me work faster, but ultimately it paralyzed me for fear of doing it wrong.

This new workflow allows me to get it to look pretty much the way I envisioned it, and it might even be faster than the old way.

No comments: